2 cups wheat flour
2 cups crushed flour
1 cup of sugar
200 g butter or margarine
4 tablespoons of cream 18%
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3.lb of apples
5.30 oz of sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
1. Sift flour with baking powder. Cut the sugar and butter into the dry ingredients using a knife.
2. Then add the egg yolk, and cream into butter mixture and knead until it forms a dough.
3. Divide the dough into two equal parts then place into two separate pouches and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. For the Filling: Cut peeled apples into slices and heat into a pot. Add sugar (100 or 150 g depending on the degree of sweetness of apples), vanilla sugar, and cinnamon together and mix until the apple softens into a marmalade texture.
5. Remove the apple marmalade from the stove and grate the remaining apples to add to the mixture.
6. Take 1 the other chilled dough out of the fridge. Roll it out (for a plate size of 9x12 inches) and transfer to a sheet of lined paper. Fork the dough and bake it for 15 minutes at 350F in the oven and let it cool.
7. Spread the apple mixture to the crust. Take the other chilled dough from the fridge and put it over the apple mixture. Fork the top crust before baking for 45 minutes at 350F. Remove pie from the oven. Let it cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.